Friday, April 13, 2012

All my pretty accessories

When I started planning, I knew I wanted some sparkle for my hair. I didn't want a tiara (I wore a pretty big one at my first wedding), and I didn't want a flower.  Thats when I started searching for headbands on etsy. The kind that are on the ribbon and form to whatever shape your head is. 

Etsy Seller Chantal Eveleen

Etsy Seller BelleCescsBoutique
  
Etsy Seller Glamorous Bijoux

Etsy Seller IceGreenEyes

I love things that sparkle!  I was having a hard time deciding which one would go best with my dress so I made a poll here on the boards and #2 won!  Which is the one I was kind of leaning towards anyway!

When I was looking for my jewelry, I didn't want anything big and flashy. Originally I wanted chandelier earrings that were rather long, but I figured my headband was pretty large so I should tone down my necklace and earrings. Thats when I found this:

Esty Seller EarringsNation

They are just so pretty! On top of that, they match the whole tear drop shape my headband has going on! They are also pretty in-expensive, which is what I was going for.  I just can't see spending a lot on jewelry I won't wear again.

When I went searching for shoes, I really wanted something colorful, but flat. I don't like to be taller than Lance, and since he is only a little bit taller than me, I can't go with super cute heels.

What a pain in the butt this has been to find something. If they are cute they are the wrong color, if they are the right color they aren't that cute.  After using weddingbee's search engine, I came across a post were one of the bee's suggested a purple flat from dessy.com.  So I headed over there to look, and there it was, my perfect shoe!

photo from dessy.com

No heel, not super expensive, good color purple. Sold!  I might get some sparkly rhinestone shoe clips to go on them, but then again, I might just leave them as is. Nobody is going to see them anyway.  I just hope they are comfortable. Otherwise I'll wear them for pictures and the ceremony, then I'll put on some flip flops, or some socks with little gripper bottoms so I dont fall and hurt (embarass) myself.

Did you use the boards to get a feel for what might look best with your dress?

No comments:

Post a Comment