Monday, April 2, 2012

Dressing my Momma

Here she is.....
Me, Zachy, and Momma
 
 
Want to see my favorite picture of her though?!
I'm pretty sure she might kill me for putting this up. But it's funny!
This is from when she visited for Mardi Gras. She's not really chugging daiquiri.


Isn't she puuuurrrty? (Even with the gallon daiquiri!)  One time, Lance and I were having a conversation about that saying "if you want to know what a girl will look like when she is older, look at her mom," ...or something like that. (?) Well, I don't remember everything that was said, but I do remember it ending kind of awkwardly, with me teasing him about thinking my mom is hot. Actually, I still think it is kind of funny.

Back to the point of this post. My mom is pretty laid back about the whole MOB dress thing. She has a few things she wants her dress to have, but otherwise, it doesn't too much matter. She is a pretty busy woman, so she hadn't gone to look for a dress yet. I'm super impatient and wanted to know what she was going to wear so I could make sure Lance's mom and step mom didn't end up wearing the same thing on accident. So what did I do?  I went and tried on some dresses for her. We have the same body type, so I figured why not.

Through facebook chats we found out she doesn't really like the tiered look a lot of the MOB dresses have going on. I also ended up trying on a few bridesmaids dresses that I thought would be okay for her to wear as a MOB dress.



 Looking fancy with my white socks!

I tried one on just in case. So she could see it.

Good news! She really liked that first one I tried on. The purple flowy one. It's actually a lighter purple in person. I am not sure why it photographed so dark.  I think it is going to look awesome with the whole color scheme of the wedding.

Has dress shopping for your mom been easy? Where did you find her dress at?

No comments:

Post a Comment