Thursday, April 12, 2012

Operation Horse Hair

I know what you are thinking.  "What the heck are you talking about Kari!?"

I'll tell you what! I am talking about wanting my hair to be looking it's best on the day of the wedding.  I guess not just the wedding. In general, I would like my hair to be healthier.

I did a little search here on weddingbee, and I kept seeing this suggestion for Mane 'n Tail shampoo and conditioner. I figured it couldn't hurt to try. So I went and got some.

woo hoo for a huge bottle!

BEFORE - January 21st, 2012

I will be honest.  I don't really know if it is making my hair GROW, like it does for others, but it definitely FEELS stronger, which I like.  It has also been falling out less - and that is a definite plus. I was for sure thinking I would be almost bald by the time I was 30 at the rate my hair was coming out of my scalp.

At first when I started Lance made lots of comments about the fact that I was using horse shampoo. First one being "Yeah, I have heard of that, I think Chrissy uses it on Pearl (their horse) before she shows her." He also would randomly make a "neighing" sound at me.
I also started using this every day:

from aussie.com

Now if I could just go and get my hair trimmed. I really should have done that before I started using all of this stuff. I'm such a cheapskate though.  I really don't want to pay 40+ dollars for a haircut, but I don't want to go somewhere cheap and do it either.  It scares me. Now is not the time for a bad haircut.

I don't have a picture of the "after" because I really do want to get my hair trimmed and keep using everything for a while longer. I will probably put up another picture around the time I show you my hair trial from when I go home in June. Not too much longer now!

What are you doing to get your hair into "wedding shape"?

No comments:

Post a Comment