Friday, April 20, 2012

Dressing my Little Buddha

I knew from the start that I didn't want the traditional all white/ivory flower girl dress.  I wanted some color!

I started searching online first using the search phrase: "pink flower girl dresses".  Obviously that pulled up about a million results, so I just started clicking through the links to see if anything caught my eye.  My absolute favorite dress I found is this one:

from mygirldress.com


Unfortunately this dress is not available anymore. The site I found it on though, http://www.mygirldress.com/, is such an awesome site.  Inexpensive, very pretty dresses, in so many different colors! It was quite the find. 

Here are some more of my favorites from their website:







My sister is so laid back about what little buddha was wearing to the wedding, she didn't mind as long as it fit. Which could be a problem in itself, because we all know babies are growers, and little buddha is no exception. 

stolen from my mommas facebook.
I commented "um, I think its time for some bigger pants!"

I kept sending Kristine pictures of dresses, and she told me which she liked better than others. I went to JC Penny and Sears to look at their dresses around Easter, so all of the light pink dresses were out. As I was looking at these dresses in person, and seeing the material and how they felt I came to the conclusion that I don't really want little buddha in a puffy, tuuley (word?!) dress. 

She will be a week shy of a year old at the wedding. Kristine is carrying her down the aisle. Chances are she is going to be wiggley and doing whatever she pleases, and I want her (and Kristine!) to be comfortable that day.  I decided that I would go with something a little more casual.

Lance and I were walking through Burlington (Coat Factory) one day, and I remembered that they have a baby department. So we took a walk over- they have TONS of dresses by the way! I found one I liked, and texted a picture of it to Kristine.  She liked it too!  It had pink, it wont get all bunchy while she is being carried down the aisle, AND (!) it has bling!!  Win!



All of the above pictures taken by me


Did I mention there is no ichy material underneath? When I first saw the dress is was only $22. When I went back to purchase it, it was on sale for $14! I saw some ruffle butt tights that we so beyond cute that would match really good too.  I didn't buy them, but they are stored away in my mind for when the time comes. 

Little buddha is running, in sizes, about 3(ish) months over how old she really is. We figured, if she will be about a year at the wedding, a size 18 month should work out okay. If it doesn't fit when we get to about a month out, I will just find her something different.

Yay! 

Where did you find your flowergirl dress from? Are you going original white/ivory, or are you going with some color?

No comments:

Post a Comment