Thursday, April 5, 2012

Dressing the guys!

I mentioned in an earlier post that we were originally going to have the guys in suits, and not tuexedos. Now that I want things more formal, tuxedos are the way to go. (for us!)

My first vision of the guys in the tuxes had them without their jackets, sleeves rolled up, black pants-vest-tie, with a plum shirt (to match the girls) or a pink shirt, which would match the accent color. The more I thought about it though, the more I felt it just wouldn't look right. On top of that, when I tried to tell Lance about it, he flat out said  no.

We decided to go to Men's Warehouse and look at some styles and colors they had.

First we started looking at vest/tie colors. None of the purples were right, and Lance refused to put his guys in pink. (Your welcome Stephen & James!)  So we started looking at the silver and grey colors. Turns out they have one that looks pretty good with the mercury color from Davids Bridal, so that is the one we chose.

For the actual tux, this is where Lance and I kind of disagreed. My thoughts were... we don't need anything expensive, they are going to end up without their jackets on anyway, so nothing super fancy.  Lance was looking at these pin-stripe tuxes that were almost 50 dollars more than the ones I looked at (which were the cheapest)

I had to put my foot down. The people who are getting these tuxes are also either 1.) traveling to be in the wedding- so gas and hotels on top of the tux rental, 2.) their spouse & child are also in the wedding, or 3.) both options 1 and 2. I know a lot of people say that all of these people knew what they were getting into when they said they would be in the wedding, but if the tables were turned, I sure would appriciate them doing the same for us.

Here is what we ended up with:





After we got the guys figured out. We had to decide on what Lance would be wearing. Before we could start looking at things though, one of the managers came in with 3 pulled pork sandwiches and offered the girls helping us one. (This store was VERY laid back, and it was pretty awesome.)  Both of the girls said no, so he offered one to Lance.

I am not sure if I have mentioned this before or not, but most days I call Lance "my little fat kid."  Clearly he is NOT fat. But the boy can eat... and eat and eat. He just looks at me and says "I'm a growing boy!"  Right.

Anywho- When the manager offered him a sandwich his eyes lit up like a small child at Christmas. He kind of look at me like "seriously? can I??" and I just rolled my eyes and gave him a nod. Part of me still can't believe it happened, but it makes for a funny story.

We did end up decided on Lance's wedding day look as well. From the get-go he said NO white tux.  Do people still do that? So we decided on the same tux, but with the ivory vest and tie. I kind of hate the ivory vest and its crazy pattern, but seeing how I stomped on his pin-stripe dream, I just let him do the vest he wanted.


Men's Warehouse "build a tux" has changed since the last time I used it!
You can choose from like 5 guys (models?)

They didn't have a bald guy so I had to go with this one.


Now our guys are ready to go get measured.  I gave our sales associate all of their names so she could put them in the computer.  She gave me our reservation number, and the dates they should all be measured by. Which, if you are wondering, is June 1st. She said it COULD be a little later than that, but I'm betting on them not going when they are suppose to. So I gave it some extra time.  Sneaky sneaky!

Did you let your Fiance have complete control over what the guys are wearing?  Did he chose something you liked?  Did he wear a white tux!?

No comments:

Post a Comment