Friday, April 27, 2012

My Grandma-Love!

Another person at the wedding that I got to help pick out her wedding look was my grandma, or grandma-love, as I call her.  She is one of my BFFs, so she needs to look fabulous. (Which is easy for her!)

Just a wee girl at my Aunt's wedding.
personal photo

This is definitely my favorite picture of us. I know it looks like we are all happy to be smooshed together, but apparently I was a holy terror in my younger years, and her and I never really got along.  

I know.. me? A terror?  No way!  At least we came to our senses about 10 years ago, and I quit being such a little jerk, and now, like I said, she is my best friend!

I wasn't sure where to start looking for her. I know I wanted her to be comfortable. So nothing too restricting, or that would make her get hot easily.  I liked dresses like these:


image via belk.com



last two images via davidsbridal.com

My mom, who has been my main person to throw ideas to, thought they were all too "young" for her. I think maybe it was because of the length of a lot of them. I told my grandma about it and she said "It can be short, I have nice legs!"  Makes me giggle thinking about it. She's funny.

I was really struggling with where to find her something that wasn't super expensive, that was in her size, that wasn't going to make her uncomfortable and that wasn't too young looking. I started stopping at every store I passed, just to see if they had fancier dresses. I checked ebay and even made a post in the weddingbee classifieds to see if I could find something for her.

At one point I found a pant suit that was in our colors, but my mom nixed that too because it was too casual for the wedding. I tried to find it on the Belk website, but they don't even have it anymore. I DID see it at the next store I went to, for a lot cheaper than Belk was selling it too! That store was Burlington.

This is actually where I found the dress we bought for my grandma. They had a lot of their spring dresses out, and I knew I wanted her to wear purple, (her favorite color!), so I figured this was the best time to go and find her something.  Here is what I found. Sorry they are bad cell phone pictures.

this is actually a light purple in person.

This is silver.

This is silver.

I sent these to my mom and we talked about Which one grandma would like, and be comfortable in. We all agreed that the first one would be the best choice! Lance even called it while we were still in the store!

It is a light material, matches our colors, and its not too short. Perfect!  I bought it that day. Now it's sitting in my closet waiting to go home with me in June. I'm very excited to see how she likes it!

Another family member taken care of as far as wedding attire goes, only a few more to go!

Did you help pick out dresses for the ladies in your family too? Was it difficult, or were you lucky and found what you were looking for right away?

No comments:

Post a Comment