Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Changing Our Date

            So yeah. Everything has not been all sunshine and roses in wedding planning world.  Last May we came to the conclusion that there is no way we are financially able to have an April wedding in Louisiana. So we changed the date, and location.  Michigan in June it was!
            My family was ecstatic that we were deciding to have it in Michigan.  I think mostly because they wouldn’t have to travel so far.  It would have been super expensive for them to all come here.
            I personally, was not so thrilled. I didn’t want to change anything. I wanted my bayou wedding in the warm April Louisiana air.  I wanted everyone to see my new city, and to be able to visit New Orleans and just enjoy the south as much as I do! I was SO disappointed. Lance felt really bad too. He knew how much I wanted things the way we were planning them.
            Sometimes though, things don’t go exactly how you want them to go -especially in the wedding world. The closer to the date we get the more I realize this, and the more I tell myself: “Kari it’s just one day, you won’t remember if some things don’t work out, you will just remember the happiness you felt to be marrying Lance. This is all that matters.”
            After two weeks or so, I started to feel my excitement build back up. I guess there would be a lot more family members there because they wouldn’t have to make the big trip down. More of my friends, more of Lance’s friends. It would also be significantly cheaper.  I find that things in the North are generally cheaper than in the South. So that was a plus to the whole situation too.

            Hopefully I am not the only one who has had to push their wedding back??  Does anyone else have a story like mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment