Monday, March 26, 2012

Seeing each other for the second time....

          ...and our first kiss!
           I told him before I left: “Please just be waiting outside the car parked out front of the terminal so I don’t have to try and find you.”  Again, me and the looking for people thing. I need to get over that.

           Do you think he listened though? Nope. I’m coming down the escalator, eyes searching through the windows looking for the truck he said he would be in, not seeing it and secretly freaking out on the inside. I start walking towards the doors and I hear someone make a “pssst” type noise.  I knew it was him before I turned around.  
Gulfport/Biloxi Airport - fancy!
(Image via flygpt.com)

            He came over and gave me an awkward type hug. Took my bags from me and we walked out the door. At one point I think he kind of tried to hold my hand as we were walking, but it was just so awkward. I was so nervous and I didn’t know what to do with myself. We got to the truck and I helped him put my stuff in the back. The he opened my door for me, and if I thought him trying to hold my hand was awkward, well, this takes the cake.  He hugged me again, then leaned in to kiss me.  It makes me giggle thinking about it now. I kind of pecked him though, and that was it.  Our first kiss.
            Once we were in the car driving, he took my hand and held it.  We also didn’t talk much on the car ride back to where he lived. Either we were all talked out or we were just taking in the fact that I was actually in Louisiana with him.  Maybe a little bit of both.
            I’m not going to get into a whole lot of detail about everything. But it was an awesome trip. The food, the scenery, and especially New Orleans. (!)   We were planning my next trip back before I even left.  All of my fears about us not actually liking each other were out the window. He was even better in person than on the phone!
            When he took me back to the airport a few days later, I didn’t want to leave. We just stood there hugging. Neither one of us wanted to let go. It was kind of sad.  The only thing that made it better was that we knew I was planning to come back.

           Where was YOUR first kiss with your FI/SO?  Was it awkward like mine?
**I promise this is my last post with a lack of pictures!!**

No comments:

Post a Comment