Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Setting a Date

             Back to the good stuff! There wasn’t really a rhyme or reason to picking a date. We decided we wanted to have the wedding in Louisiana and that automatically narrows down when you can have it.
            May-August?  Forget it, I don’t want anyone in my family having heat stroke. Hurricane season starts during that and runs through November. We didn’t want it in the winter. Then there is Mardi Gras in February/March, so April it is!  Haha. That was easy.
            We looked at all of the Saturday’s in April.  The first weekend was Easter weekend, so no, that wasn’t going to work. Between the other three dates, we chose the 21st. We started dating on a ‘21st’, so why not have the wedding on one too. We weren’t really that picky.
Image from 2012calendar.co

            I know you are thinking that that isn’t right. Our wedding date in my profile is in September. Well, since starting to plan we have had to change our date 2 different times. Also, our wedding is going to be in Michigan, not Louisiana. Yes, along with that date change, came a state change too.  I was not happy about all of this. I will get to all of that eventually though.  So much happened during trying to plan a Louisiana wedding, that I wanted to share it with you, if you don’t mind.
            So as of then, the (Louisiana) wedding planning was on! Trying to plan in a city you haven’t lived in that long is not that easy, let me tell you. So there was a lot of internet searching and asking people at work their recommendations. First on my list – and my next post – Our Venue.

No comments:

Post a Comment