Tuesday, March 27, 2012

One of my great loves... (besides Lance)

Dressing up!

      I love being fancy. Getting my hair done, wearing something sparkly, a new dress. I love it all. So searching for a wedding dress was something I couldn't wait to do!  I didn't go through websites and find dress inspiration, I just went. Which, I don't recommend. After going to three places, I DID end up deciding to take a look at some desigers websites to find what I liked, but thats a whole other post. 

      Right now lets talk about some of the first dresses I tried on. I ended up going to three shops before figuring out I needed to do some research first.

      The first one I visited was David’s Bridal in Slidell. I have to be honest. I’ve always had bad experiences at David’s Bridal. So I wasn’t really looking forward to going. However, this time was actually pretty good. I tired on about 6 dresses, mostly strapless ball gown ones.  I only took one picture, because I only liked the one dress.  I have to give the sales associate some props though. She suuure could get me zipped into a dress I didn’t think was gonna go. This one was one of them, but.. I could still breathe so.. I liked it! 
Davids Bridal  Style #WG3057
photo via davidsbridal.com



      The second shop I visited was Ashley Renee Bridal in Livingston, LA.  My cousin Courtney recommended it. So we took a drive out there.  At this store, I found about 6 dresses I wanted try on… but I only actually tried 3.  Reason being… there’s certain sample sizes you can still try on.. Just not zip- and still get the general idea of what it would look like.. The other three dresses.. Well. I’m not a size two and it just wasn’t happening.

      I tried on 3 dresses, but again, only liked one dress. It gave me back the waistline I lost after moving to the south!  I seriously thought this was my dress. THE DRESS. Sometimes I wonder if I made the right decision.... oh well, here she is!

Christina Wu, Style # 15432
photo via christinawu.net



Hello waistline. I miss you.

     The third dress store I went to was kind of on a whim.  I had to drive to Baton Rouge for a doctors appointment and figured might as well make the most out of the hour and a half drive from my house. So I went to Alfred Angelo.  Again, I tried on a few dresses, but only like the one I originally wanted to try on to begin with.

Alfred Angelo- Disney Tiana
photo via alfredangelo.com

clearly, I look thrilled.


      Not that it isn't a pretty dress, it was just a sample size like 4 sizes to big for me, and I knew it could look better if we could just lace it better. Oh well. In the end I didn't like it ON me as much as I liked the picture. Sales lady here was a tad too pushy for me too. So I left, and decided nows the time to really start looking at other possible dresses instead of just hoping I find something at a random store.

       How many dresses did you try on before finding THE ONE?  Did you actually research first, or did you just go and start trying things on?

No comments:

Post a Comment