Monday, March 26, 2012

Our Whirlwind Winter

           Things went back to normal when I got home.  Hours on the phone at night, texting all day, talking about everything and anything we could think of.  The more comfortable we got with each other the more our talking until 3am turned into falling asleep to the sound of each other breathing at midnight. It was the closest we could get to really being “around” the other person.
            By Christmas he had told me: “Kari, I’m falling in love with you,” and started telling me “I love you” every night before we got off the phone.  This was not something I said back right away.  I told him that I couldn’t say it without being sure, and that I didn’t want to rush into saying it just because he was saying it to me.  Naturally he understood, and just responded that that was okay, but he wasn’t going to stop telling me.
            By New Year’s he told me he wanted me to move to Louisiana. He also told me “I think I’m going to marry you someday.” Um….. Hi. We have only known each other a little over 2 months. Slow down!  At least, that’s what my head was saying. The rest of me was like “OKAY!”  I tell you though, never in my life, has something felt so right.
            I secretly started looking for jobs in my spare time. I told him there is no way I would move without a job lined up. I didn’t tell ANYONE what I was doing.  Fear of them freaking out on my I guess. But wouldn’t you?  I know I would have. 
            I wasn’t having any luck finding a job, but we did plan my next trip.  Mardi Gras.  I decided to drive down from Michigan because it was waaaay cheaper than flying.  About a week before I left, when we were getting off the phone, I returned his “I love you” when he said it.
            The trip down for Mardi Gras went great. Just as much fun as the first time to LA. It only intensified my wanting to make the move down.
            Since you have been so patient with me and my lack of pictures, here are some from my trip that February. All photos are personal.
At the Truck Parade in Metairie (before all the craziness)

Um... yeah.  Clearly I don't mess around when it comes to beads.

Us down on Bourbon Street

   
If you have never been to Bourbon Street during Mardi Gras, its a little.... crowded?


This is us on another night- at a local parade in Slidell. It was freezing outside.

            Doesn't it look like FUN!? I thought so too! Now, if only I could find a job! I started looking more intensely. I was determined to find SOMETHING.
               One day in the beginning of March when I was looking at the local newspaper and there was an office job opening at the agent that Lance worked for.  Was this my chance?! I sent in my resume to the owner.  He wrote me and told me he got it, and that he had a couple resume’s to look through and would get back to me.
               
I HATE waiting for things.  So this was like torture. Felt like FOREVER.  It was really only a few days though. He emailed me and said he wanted to have a phone interview and we scheduled it for like the next day. A couple days after we talked he called to tell me I had the job. OH MY GOSH!  I was so beyond ecstatic. One tiny little problem… how was I going to tell my family that I was moving to Louisiana to be with a guy I had only known for 5 months?
Do you think I was crazy for moving so fast?  What would you have said to me if you were in my parents/friends positions?

No comments:

Post a Comment