Friday, March 23, 2012

Our Beginning - The Bar

We left off with me deciding to meet with R & L.  When the weekend rolled around and it was the day I was supposed to meet them I was not feeling good at all.  They were running a little late (driving over from New York) so I had no idea when they were going to be in. I was so tired, and just wanted to sleep.
            Finally I got the text message that they were about 20 minutes away, and where did I want them to go? We decided on the one bar and I told him to PLEASE wait for me outside. Again, I HATE walking into crowded places looking for someone I have only ever seen a facebook picture of.
            Well by the time I finished putting on some eyeliner and changing my outfit about 5 times, I too was running a little late. When I got there I parked my car and walked around the corner and guess what. There was NOBODY outside.  For pete's sake.  So I did that thing… where you pretend you are texting someone on your phone or doing something important as I was walking in, in the hopes that they would see me and just walk up to me. Lame, I know! But it worked!!  Success!

The bar where we first met
(photo via Steamer's Facebook Page)
            R came over to me and said hey and told me that they were sitting at the bar. So I walked back with him and sat down.  I have to say. I am SO awkward in these types of situations.  Social butterfly I am not. Good news for me though, you really couldn’t get either of them to shut up! 
We ended up kind of bar hopping to two other places. The whole time they just chattered on about work and the south. (Where they lived) They didn’t let me buy a drink the whole night and held open the door for me where ever we went.. guys up north don’t really do that stuff, (where I am from at least!) so It was kind of a nice change of pace.  Soon into the night I started noticing L.  At one point the cupid shuffle came on and L asks me if I want to go out and dance to it, so I said yes.  Let me tell you.  He wasn’t that good at it.  It was kind of cute though, he tried his hardest.
After the song was over, it was almost 2:00am and definitely time to get going. So we walked back to the original bar we met at. Their car was parked out front. We said bye to each other, and I went to my car. I did text R about a half hour later and told him: “You should tell L his facebook profile picture doesn’t do him justice.”  (Because it didn’t. Terrible picture.)

The Terrible Picture
Via Lance's Facebook
And that my friends, is how this whole crazy story of us started.  Job change-facebook-texts-bar.  Funny thing too- my grandma had said to me before I changed over jobs: “You know Kari, you could end up falling for one of the guys you dispatch!”   Um grandma…. Are you psychic??? 

Did any of you bees meet your spouse when you weren't expecting to? Tell me about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment