Thursday, March 22, 2012

About Us

My name is Kari.  I have lived outside of New Orleans, Louisiana for 2 years now but I was born and raised in Saginaw, Michigan.  Yes, when people ask where I am from, normally it is accompanied by me holding up my right hand in the shape of a mitten, point to where it is and saying “riiiight here.”  I grew up with just one sister who is a year older than me, and we love to have giggle fits on the phone talking at random hours of the night. When I was 12 my mom had my brother and I have to say - there may be a big age difference, but he’s my BFF. I love that boy to pieces. It could be because we are just alike. Loud, energetic , and neither one of us likes to listen to our mom! (Mom- if you are reading this, that was a joke!) 

Me - Personal Image

I am a receptionist for a local company and deal with a lot of crazy (in a good way) people all day long. I love reading, crafting, exploring New Orleans, traveling, re-runs of Criminal Minds, dill pickle flavored popcorn, and of course my fiancé Lance. 
He was born in Ohio, raised in Michigan (opposite side of the state from me), and has been living in the south for about 3.5 years. He drives a tractor trailer and moves furniture for a living.  He loves motocross, anything edible, and leaving his socks all over the living room floor. Oh, and he loves me of course!

He can make me laugh with just a look, but normally he is saying something silly and just being his goofy self. It is one of my favorite things about him.  You never know what he is going to do or say next.

Lance - Personal Image
We met in October of 2009 through work and have been smitten with each other ever since. I relocated to be with him, and it has been one of the best decisions I have ever made.  We are planning our wedding for this September and I can’t wait to officially be his wife!

Us in Gulf Shores, Alabama - Personal Image
(During Tropical Storm Lee! Windy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment